Maryland Heights Chamber of Commerce
Mission: The Chamber of Commerce is organized to enhance the general welfare and prosperity of businesses and citizens of Maryland Heights, provide opportunities for its members to address economic, commercial, governmental and educational issues.
Below are the Committees for the Maryland Heights Chamber of Commerce. Eager & committed volunteers are always welcome, and can be added to the committee list by calling us at the chamber office.
Business Leader of the Year
- Create an opportunity to honor our Business Leaders in the Community
- Create added value for sponsors, contributors and participants beyond the actual event
- Attract new Chamber members as a result of committee contacts
- Sell event tickets
- Provide added value to Members and become more involved in the Community
- Help Identify Key Issues Affecting Business Community
- Create influence with City Hall and encourage City involvement with the Chamber of Commerce
- Keeping abreast of governmental concerns, possibly attending City Council/Zoning & Planning meetings
- Attract and retain businesses in Maryland Heights - Take Leadership on specific issues
- Sell sponsorships/teams
- Make solicitation calls for donations for the auction
- Create added value for sponsors, contributors, and participants through improved communications and information dissemination
- Attract new Chamber members
- Promote the benefits of membership, enlisting new members in the Maryland Heights area through continuous, year-long contacts and an annual membership campaign Contribute to Membership Retention by making event and renewal calls
- Strengthen membership through relationship building and personal contact, emphasizing incorporation of new members into the organization through mentoring with existing members
- Create added value for Chamber members through improved visibility and forums for member-to-member interaction
Meets: Monthly, first Wed. of month –
To continue and look at new ways of creating partnerships with member school districts and/or private schools
- Develop and implement methods to secure additional funding for the Scholarship Program
- Continue to review and update as needed the process and application for the Chamber Scholarship program
- Select the scholarship candidates and seek our additional partners for innovative grant programs
- Identify charitable causes and organizations that could benefit from Chamber assistance
- Promote the causes of member charitable organizations to the membership and community
- Create revenue-generating programs that will directly fund charitable programs
- Increase member attendance at luncheons by devising and retaining extremely interesting speakers/programs
- Plan and implement a series of seminar programs benefiting Chamber members and recruiting new members.
Monster Mash Dash
- Plan and secure sponsorships/attendees for 5k/10k race on Halloween weekend.
- Recruit expo exhibitors for the event.